Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shaky Head

Well trying to break outta my comfort zone a lil and am going to try the shaky head this season . I know this has been all the rage for a while now but I am generally slow to pick up on things. I started by getting a new Quantum spinning outfit from Gander Mountain I mean after all gotta have a new toy for a new technique paired that with some 30 lb test Spiderwire stealth braid to which I tied a fluorocarbon leader a football head shaky jig head and some Berkley Powerbait shaky worms haven't got to try it yet as it seems to me to be a clear water presentation and with all the rain we received recently the water is anything but clear so I will try at first opportunity. I have always heard fishermen attaching leaders of fluorocarbon or mono to there braided line and I always wondered what the best way to do this would be ,as I was leery of just tieing two lines together so i did a lil research and came across this seaguar knot I found it amazingly simple to tie and it seems to work really well although the true test will be when its snagged or fighting a big fish so all remains to be seen . wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment